We building a web version of WordRoom, today when I tested the game on Surface RT it doesn't look like expected. I tested in desktop and I had same issue there as I had in the Windows store app of Internet Explorer. But in desktop mode I could use Internet Explorer developer tools. It shows that Internet Explorer was in IE7-mode. Because we use a lot of HTML5 features, we want to run it in IE10-mode from start.
I searched the web for solution and I found a meta tag that fixed my issue.
<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=10" />
If you want to read more about this, read this page, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj676915%28v=vs.85%29.aspx