TypeScript will not compile on save in Visual Studio 2013
It seems that many having problem that TypeScript not will auto compile on save in Visual Studio 2013. TypeScript was earlier a part of the Web Essentials extension, but it is not included anymore. So the first step is to ensure that the TypeScript plugin is installed, if not it is available for download here, http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34790.
If you still have the problem you need to activate auto compile on save for TypeScript.
To enable auto compile on save for TypeScript follow following steps:
- Go to Options under the Tools menu.
- Expand options for Text Editor
- Expand options for TypeScript
- Expand options for Project
- Check "Automatically compile TypeScript file which are not part of the project"
That helped me when my TypeScripts not compiled on save.